Friday, September 7, 2012

Reflected Images on Cars and Photoshop Elements

Here lately I've been noticing some reflections on cars parked next to our house.  Also, I've found that some of the Photoshop Elements effects really help focus on the reflection more than the car.  The first one is a daytime reflection of our flag on the side of a Mini-Cooper.  The image on the left is simply cropped.  The settings were f/8, 1/45 shutter speed and ISO-100.  Note that in addition to the flag reflection, there is a reflection of a flower bush on the roof.  I used Fluorescent Chalk in Photoshop Elements 10 to create the image on the right.  I like the way it brings out the flag.





















The second is a nighttime reflection on a minivan of our porch and windows.  From some angles, the reflections look like they are inside the van rather on the surface, almost a 3-D effect.  I used f/2.8, 30 secs for the shutter speed (obviously on a tripod -- also used a remote control to keep it from shaking the camera) and ISO-100.
 The blue tint in Picasa 3 was added so that the porch reflection is easier to see.  It makes it look like you could walk right into it.  I also think of it as the way that the van sees our house at night.






I tried Fluorescent Chalk Photoshop on this image also.  To me, it makes it look even more like you could walk right up on this porch.



No comments:

Post a Comment