Recently, I was on a business trip and decided to take my good camera on the plane, just to see what I could catch. They seated me behind the wing and only a couple of seats in front of the engine (rear-engine plane.) I tried several times before I got my neck to twist around far enough to get this photo. I used f/4 and 1/250 shutter speed (the slowest speed recommended by our instructor for photos from flying platforms) and ISO-200. We were headed into the rising sun at about 6:30 am, but I still went into Picasa and added saturation (and I may have "warmified" it also -- I can't remember.) This picture is one of my personal favorites, but I'm not real sure why.
On the same trip I took some photos while looking forward over the wing. I broke the rule and kept the shutter open for 1/4 of a second. I used f/4.5 and ISO-400 because this picture was taken very early (about 6 am, I think). The colors in the picture are much bluer than they were in reality, because of my white balance setting. But our instructor says that if we call it art, then we can take license with the colors. So, I'm calling it art.


No comments:
Post a Comment