
An amateur photography blog for sharing fun things to do with photography around the house. The main tools are a Pentax K10D, Photoshop Elements 10 and Picasa 3.
My Photography Instructor's Site -- Lynn Freeny
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Ducks By The Pond
I was able to get a few pictures of some ducks in the late afternoon sun (about 30 - 40 mins before sundown.) My daughter really likes the oversaturated color of one of the ducks. Thanks to my real-life instructor and the on-line instructors that have drilled into me how much better the lighting is just after sunrise and just before sunset. I missed some other good poses, because I tried to use slower shutter speeds. My "successful" shots were all taken at 1/180. I took some at 1/125 that were almost well-enough focused and the 1/45 was way too slow. If I had been using a tripod the 1/125 may have worked. I was using an F-stop of 4.5 because I wanted a relatively shallow depth-of-field. I was using my zoom lens at 200 mm and ISO 100.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment